THE CHAPEL WEDDING SERVICE
All wedding ceremonies performed at the Chapel are unapologetically Christian. We assume that those who want to be married here understand this. If there are any questions about this policy please ask before you complete the application process. Persons of other religious persuasions, or none are welcome to be married here - particularly when they are wed to a professed Christian - but all should understand that this is a Christian Chapel and the wedding ceremony is a Christian one.
The wedding ceremony as performed by the Chapel by the Sea Chaplain is of a Christian nature, and it contains elements of several Christian denominational liturgies.
A simple outline of the Wedding Ceremony is as follows:
1. Opening Statement
2. Presentation of the Bride
3. Christian Understandings of Marriage
4. Scriptural Readings
5. Declarations of Intent
6. Exchange of Vows and Verbal Commitment
7. Exchange of Rings
8. Cultural Traditions (such as Arras, Lasso, Rosary, etc.) may be included.
9. Unity Candle Ceremony or the Sand Ceremony may be observed.
10. Pronouncing the Couple as Husband and Wife.
11. Christian Blessing
** New Wedding fee changes that will become effective on January 1, 2014**
Building usage fee will increase to $500 effective January 1, 2014
All other fees will remain as stated.
CHAPEL POLICY AND GUIDELINES
Due to heavy usage of the Chapel for additional worship services in January and February of each each year, no weddings will be scheduled on SATURDAYS in January and February.
• All arrangements for weddings must be made with the Resident Chaplain at Chapel by the Sea.
No special prerequisites, such as pre-marital classes, are required by the Chapel, but are certainly encouraged for couples making such a significant and enduring Christian commitment.
•The Chapel can accommodate up to 200 persons for services.
•Fees and other arrangements for the clergy, music, photography, and decorations are the responsibility of the wedding party. Referrals may be made upon request.
•Only Christian weddings may be performed at the Chapel. Non-Christian and civil weddings are not allowed in the Chapel or on the grounds.
•The Resident Chapel Chaplain is normally the minister who will conduct the ceremony, planning the marriage service with the couple, and directing the rehearsal. The Chaplain can also suggest a pianist and soloist.
• A valid Texas marriage license is required, which must be obtained no more than 30 days prior to the wedding, but not less than 72 hours before the ceremony. This license may be purchased from any County Clerk in the state of Texas. The marriage license and Chaplain's fee are to be rendered to the Chaplain prior to the wedding.
• A fee of $300.00 (of which $150.00 is non-refundable) for the use of the Chapel building is required. This does not include the honoraria/fee for the clergy or pianist.
• If your wedding is held at the Chapel the Fellowship Hall may be used afterward.
The Fellowship Hall may be used afterward for a small reception (for up to 60 people or so)with an additional fee of $100.00.
• To reserve a specific date and time, an application must be submitted, accompanied by your $300.00 deposit.
• It is required for you to call and make certain your requested time and date are available before mailing your application and fee
• Chapel policy prohibits smoking and consuming alcoholic beverages on the premises.
• Flowers, decorations, and music should be appropriate to a place of worship.
• The chancel furniture, pulpit, piano, and Communion table/altar may not be moved for any reason.
• Since so called "dripless candles" still often drip wax, they must be used with a drop cloth."
• Flower girls must use silk flower petals.
• The use of tape on the pews, windows, or walls is prohibited.
• Birdseed may be tossed on the steps outside the building, not inside the Chapel or in the courtyard. Blowing bubbles is also permitted - both myst be used outside of the sanctuary.
• All facilities must be restored to their customary condition after the service.
The Chapel by the Sea Resident Chaplain will be pleased to visit with you about the particular expectation you have for your ceremony. Special inclusions of music, cultural or personal traditions and symbolic acts, such as the unity candle, may be desired. The music should be dignified and in keeping with a service of worship. Tapes or CDs are allowed, although the wedding party must provide their own sound equipment.
Simple, but holy, weddings can be performed in the Chapel Sanctuary without music or other supplements and may be as brief as 15 minutes.
Your wedding is an extremely important event and may include photography. However photography and videotaping can become intrusive, detracting from this Holy occasion. Photographers may take pictures and/or video tape if it is done discretely.
FEES FOR WEDDINGS AT CHAPEL BY THE SEA
CHAPEL BUILDING USAGE
$300 - Sanctuary Reservation Deposit
This deposit must be received to reserve your Wedding date. This fee is to reserve the Chapel by the Sea Sanctuary for a specific day and time.
$100 Fellowship Hall Reception Fee
If you have scheduled your wedding here at the Chapel, the Fellowship Hall may be made available for your reception for 60 persons or less.
The check for the above reservations must accompany your wedding application and should be made out to - "Chapel By The Sea"
$150 - Arrangements Fee
(If Chaplain Denham conducts your wedding this Arrangements Fee is waived.) If you elect to use another ordained Christian minister, this minister must be active in the church you are active in, for at least one year prior to the ceremony. This minister must also contact Chaplain Denham prior to the wedding.
$300 - The Clergy Honoriam
This is for Chaplain Denham to perform your Christian Ceremony. This Honoriam must be rendered to Chaplain Denham 7 days prior to the ceremony.
$100 - Rehearsal Fee
This fee is for your wedding rehearsal, if you choose to have one.
All remaining fees are to be rendered 7 days prior to your Wedding day and should be made out to - "Chaplain Jim Denham"
Brett Marshall - Pianist Fees
Your wedding is an extremely important event in your life.
Chapel by the Sea is delighted to recommend Brett
Marshall to you as an excellent pianist, and as a soloist he
has a bass/baritone voice to enhance your wedding to help
make your wedding event as special as possible.
Pianist will play:
- Candle Lighting Music
- and a special request solo if you desire
In addition if Brett is needed to attend your
wedding rehearsal there is an additional $ 50 fee.
A non refundable deposit is required to secure Brett’s
services. This deposit is to be equal to ½ of the
above total and is to be mailed to:
36375 F.M. 2480
Bayview, Texas, 78566
Brett Marshall’s Phone Number:
Cell - (956) 266-2205